Traveling Girl
Workers at Gas Plant
Workers at Gas Plant

Tier 5 Temporary worker Visa

Tier 5 visa allows entry to work in the UK in a number of different circumstances, such as for charity workers, entertainers, diplomatic staff, and sportspeople. Tier 5 applicants need a job offer from an employer with a Tier 5 sponsorship license in the UK. Nationals of certain countries can come under the Youth Mobility Scheme can gain entry without a job offer.

Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Charity Worker) visa 

The job taken should be directly related to the sponsor charity's work. Tier 5 applicants have an unpaid/voluntary job offer and a certificate of sponsorship from a UK charity with a valid Tier 5 sponsorship licence.   


Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Creative and Sporting) visa 

These are for very highly skilled workers who have a job offer as a sportsperson or creative worker such as a musician or actor in the UK, with a certificate of sponsorship from a UK employer with a valid Tier 5 sponsorship licence. 

Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Government Authorised Exchange) visa 

These are for workers who wish to undertake work experience, training, academic research or a fellowship, and to take part in an Overseas Government Language Programme. Prospective workers should be coming to the UK through an approved government authorised exchange scheme.

Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - International Agreement) visa

These are for workers who have a job offer that is covered by international law, such as embassy and diplomatic household workers, and a certificate of sponsorship from an organisation with a valid Tier 5 sponsorship licence. This category includes workers under the General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS) and similar agreements. 

Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Religious Worker) visa

These are for workers who have been offered a job, such as preaching or work in a monastery or convent, by a religious order in the UK. 


Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa 

These are for workers aged 18 - 30 from a limited number of countries who wish to live and work in the UK for up to 2 years. The current scheme replaced the Working Holiday visa, though it's important to note that far fewer people gain entry under the new scheme.

Prospective Tier 5 applicants must provide several documents with their application, these include:

  • Current passport and/or other travel documents 

  • A separate passport photograph 

  • Proof that they can meet the maintenance funds requirements for their visa, such as bank statements 

  • Clear tuberculosis (TB) test result letter, if the applicant is from one of the countries on the Home Office's TB testing list, found here.


430 Cheetham Hill Rd

Cheetham Hill


M8 9LE

Contact Information:

Manchester: 0161 503 0553

London: 0203 976 6577

Birmingham: 0121 725 1550

Masaud Solicitors Limited T/A Masaud Solicitors is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA No: 666682). Masaud Solicitors Limited is registered in England and Wales with registration number 12303416. The registered office address is 430 Cheetham Hill Road, Manchester, M8 9LE. We do not accept service by email or fax.