MANCHESTER: 0161 503 0553

LONDON:        0203 976 6577

BIRMINGHAM: 0121 725 1550




M8 9LE




MON-FRI 9:00-5:30


GDPR Policy

Privacy Policy

Complaints Procedure

Authorised & Regulated by the solicitors Regulation Authority. Reg No: 653718

© Masaud Solicitors, All Rights Reserved 2018 - 2019


Tier 5 visa allows entry to work in the UK in a number of different circumstances, such as for charity workers, entertainers, diplomatic staff, and sportspeople. Tier 5 applicants need a job offer from an employer  with a Tier 5 sponsorship license in the UK. Nationals of certain countries can come under the Youth Mobility Scheme can gain entry without a job offer.

Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Charity Worker) visa 

The job taken should be directly related to the sponsor charity's work. Tier 5 applicants have an unpaid/voluntary job offer and a certificate of sponsorship from a UK charity with a valid Tier 5 sponsorship licence.   


Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Creative and Sporting) visa 

These are for very highly skilled workers who have a job offer as a sportsperson or creative worker  such as a musician or actor in the UK, with a certificate of sponsorship from a UK employer with a valid Tier 5 sponsorship licence. 

Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Government Authorised Exchange) visa 

These are for workers who wish to undertake work experience, training, academic research or a fellowship, and to take part in an Overseas Government Language Programme. Prospective workers should be coming to the UK through an approved government authorised exchange scheme.

Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - International Agreement) visa

These are for workers who have a job offer that is covered by international law, such as embassy and diplomatic household workers, and a certificate of sponsorship from an organisation with a valid Tier 5 sponsorship licence. This category include workers under the General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS) and similar agreements. 

Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Religious Worker) visa

These are for workers who have been offered a job, such as preaching or work in a monastery or convent, by a religious order in the UK. 


Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa 

These are for workers aged 18 - 30 from a limited number of countries who wish to live and work in the UK for up to 2 years. The current scheme replaced the Working Holiday visa, though it's important to note that far fewer people gain entry under the new scheme.

Prospective Tier 5 applicants must provide several documents with their application, these include:

  • Current passport and/or other travel documents 

  • A separate passport photograph 

  • Proof that they can meet the maintenance funds requirements for their visa, such as bank statements 

  • A clear tuberculosis (TB) test result letter, if the applicant is from one of the countries on the Home Office's TB testing list, found here.